Next Instructor Training
Upcoming training dates to be announced soon.
Coming Soon to: Seattle, WA
Registration Opening to be announced
Join us for this comprehensive, four-day Instructor Training. You will leave the training qualified to offer the evidence-based Becoming Parents Program in group workshops or private sessions for expectant and new parent couples in your community.
This training is recommended for:
- Passionate educators who desire to provide practical information, skills, and support for expectant and new-parent couples
- Childbirth or parent educators
- Therapists or community members working with couples over the transition to parenthood
- Agency staff wishing to bring offerings at their organization
Led by the developers and researchers themselves, participants will explore the essential elements that make the Becoming Parents Program effective, including:
- research behind the curriculum and its impacts shown in national demonstration projects
- four core components of BPP: couple-focused skill building, self-care, building support networks and the BPP “Owners Manual” for baby
- practice with peers addressing common situations and questions
In addition to research-based original content, the Becoming Parents Program integrates leading curricula from focal area experts that have each been specially adapted for expectant and new parent couples. They include, the PREP approach which is based on 30 years of research in the field of relationship health, regarded a gold standard approach for relationship education. Also included are components from NCAST, the leading expert on research-based products and training programs promoting nurturing environments for children.
With a low student/instructor ratio, each participant receives personalized attention to ensure they will be prepared to implement the program in their unique setting while maintaining fidelity to essential elements. Each participant receives a complete Becoming Parents Program Instructor’s Kit* as part of the training fee.
The training has been approved for Continuing Education Credits for the Certified Family Life Educator program through the National Council on Family Relations (24 contact hours) and for Continuing Education Credits for ICEA (24 contact hours).
Times: 9am-5pm daily
TBD in Seattle, WA
Cost: $2700 per person
Training Price Includes:
–BPP Content Training by Program Developer & Master Trainer
–Communication Coach Supervision Training
–Effective Delivery Training
–Quality Assurance Training
(1) BPP Instructor’s Manual
(1) BPP Couple’s Manual
(1) BPP Communication Coach Guide
(1) BPP DVD Set with Couple & Infant Clips
(1) BPP Powerpoint Presentation CD
Training will include coffee, tea, and water all day and afternoon refreshments.
There are typically at least two BPP Instructor Trainings per year. We recommend that you periodically visit this website for information on upcoming trainings, or sign up to receive updates.
If your agency would like to train a group, receive instruction in the Spanish Becoming Parents Program or has special circumstances, please contact Aly Frei at the email address below.
Please contact Aly Frei (email@example.com) if you have specific questions regarding trainings.